Alta-1 staff are looking forward to the return of students on Monday 7 February 2022.
We are committed to providing a safe environment for our communities and will continue to monitor the directions of WA Premier and Minister of Education. In preparing for the start of the school year the following measures have been put in place:
- All staff and visitors are required to wear a mask while on campus. Staff are permitted to remove their mask if teaching at the front of the classroom to enable clear enunciation
- Students may be required to wear masks during school hours, dependant on regional guidelines.
- Alta-1 has procured air purifiers and CO2 monitors.
- Hand sanitisers are available on all campuses.
- All parents, volunteers, visiting staff and external visitors are required to sign in when entering a campus.
- Parents, guardians, and volunteers who attend any educational facility more than once a week will need to show proof of being fully vaccinated or an exemption.
- If you or your child experience any symptoms, please do not attend school, and ensure that you attend a COVID testing clinic. It is important to notify the campus teacher if your child experiences any symptoms.
- Alta-1 College is committed to ensuring staff and students work in a safe environment. We engage in regular cleaning of all campuses in accordance with current government guidelines.
- Face masks are to be worn on public transport. Drivers will be ensuring students over the age of 12 are wearing a mask prior to boarding. If you refuse to wear a mask you may be denied travel.
If you need advice or support for your child’s education due to COVID-19, please contact your Regional Principal or your campus teacher.
For more information, please go to the Government website
If you need help with a health-related matter, please contact the WA Department of Health on 1800 020 080 or visit health.wa.gov.au/coronavirus
You can also call our Parent helpline on 1800 882 345 between 8.00am and 4.00pm weekdays or email CoronaVirusSupport@education.wa.edu.au
Should you require further mental health support for your child or yourself please contact the services below for information on how they can assist.
Click the links below for further information
Suicide Call Back Service for staff and students
1300 659 467
Beyond Blue online support
1300 224 636
1800 555 1800
Lifeline – Live & online crisis support
13 11 14